Thursday, June 12, 2008

Carsons Special Day

I don't know why but I love the show Jon and Kate plus eight. I watch it all the time. I guess I like to see other people have chaotic lives. It makes me feel like I'm not alone. Well I was watching it with the kids the other night when Landon was out of town, and on the show they started to have special dates with their kids. One child at a time. My kids thought that it was a great idea and asked me if we could start doing that. So the next Monday for Family home evening we went through the calendar and picked out months. The kids can pick anything they want to do(within reason.) So we started with Carson. We ate at Chic-fil-a, and he wanted to see Speed Racer. It was fun. I really heard what he had to say, because all the attention was on him. I can't wait until the girls have a turn.


2 comments:

Angie and Dallas said...

Oh, that is a really good idea. He looks so cute! I just could eat him up!

cjanddiane said...

I totally agree with special one on one time with each kid....much needed especially with a new baby too.