Thursday, September 4, 2008

Here Fishy Fishy

I know, I know many of you will not believe it but I finally joined the club of pet ownership. Are fish really a pet anyway? Well for the last few years the kids have been begging to get a pet. Around Christmas we were really close to getting a dog, but then shortly after we found out that we were going to have a baby so nix on that idea. Well the kids keep begging and now my excuse is when our yard is finished and fenced in we can get a dog. So that atleast buys me a couple of years. But the begging still continues so last week the kids came home from school and asked if they could get a fish. I said I don't know, maybee, go ask your Dad. Well they came back all excited saying that Dad said yes and we could go do it for Family Home Evening. The kids were so excited. So we made trip to Pet Smart and started looking at fish. I was thinking that we could get a bigger tank and they could all share. Oh no that would not do they each had to have their own tanks. WHAT!!!! So they each picked out tanks and I about lost it when the girl was trying to get them out of the tanks and into bags. They were jumping all around, and the little frogs were jumping on to the floor. It wasn't until I saw that, that it clicked that someone was going to have to clean the tanks and take all the fishy things out. Landon swore that he would do that part. It's not that I don't like fishys but the thought of the stinky smell and slimy jumping I"m not too excited about. The kids love them and have fed them every day. No fishy funerals yet. I guess I didn't really realize how happy they were about it until the next day when Carson kept saying how happy he was over and over because he got fishes. He said you know how happy I am mom, I'm as happy as the sun. What a sweet thought. I guess the fish will be around for a while.





5 comments:

Angie and Dallas said...

Ha ha. Marn I cant believe you got each of them their own. I'm sure they love them. They look really happy in the pics.

Kristin said...

love the look on carsons face...good luck with the fish, you are a nicer mom than me

Sandra said...

I too have been contemplating buying the girls a fish since we will own no other pets...but ugh the cleaning of the tank and water is a little gross. I will watch how you do w/ them and then decide. Ha Ha. :)

CAMERAHAPPY said...

You are a nice Mommy! I too thought that fish wouldn't be a big deal til we fish sat our neighbors. I was worried each day that it would be floating belly up, but luckly not! I didn't know how much they stink only after a few days. So Hey have fun with that.... Good luck!

heidi larsen said...

how cute! my girls had fish at one time. we had fishy funerals and i told them no more fish! that doesn't stop them from begging me for more though. i am completely there about being grossed out with cleaning the tank. yuck.